The most attractive casino games both offline and online are definitely the progressive jackpot games. The biggest reason for their immense popularity is the massive jackpots they offer to players. If luck is on your side you can walk away with a huge jackpot payout even if you have bet a couple of cents. Multi-million dollar wins on casino progressives are regularity nowadays and such wins can truly change a person’s life for good. Read on to learn more about the best casinos were you can play fun and fair progressive jackpots and that cater to Australian players. In addition, learn about the types of progressive jackpots by game type and software provider and consider the winning tips we recommend for these games.
We give you a list of the best Australian progressive jackpot casinos on the Internet that offer good number of progressives which are certified fair, genuinely random and offer big jackpot amounts. The casinos also offer great bonuses and promotions with reasonable terms and conditions and they are safe and secure. Players also get good banking options, fast payouts and high quality customer support service.
|Cash Splash 3 Reel|
|Cash Splash 5 Reel||USD 7,523.67|
Types of Progressive Jackpots
What follows are the types of progressive jackpots available on typical casino games:
- Slots. They can be found in abundance and are often available at all casinos. Almost all casino software providers create progressive jackpot pokies and some popular games include Mega Moolah (Microgaming), Mega Fortune (NetEnt), Gold Rally, Beach Life (Playtech) etc. The Big One is these games is usually triggered at random, in the bonus game or it requires the activation of a particular progressive jackpot combination of winning symbols.
- Video Poker. Megajacks by Playtech is a popular video poker progressive game. To trigger the jackpot, you must have bet the maximum and get the highest poker hand. SupaJax is another video poker progressive from Microgaming.
- Blackjack. Progressive Blackjack from Playtech and Tipple Sevens Blackjack from Microgaming are two excellent progressive blackjack games that can make you a millionaire.
- Roulette. Roulette Royale is a popular progressive roulette game from Microgaming where in order to win the progressive jackpot you must place a side bet and the same winning number has to appear five times in a row.
- Casino Poker. Cyberstud Poker from Microgaming is a great table poker progressive jackpot game where you can win big payouts including the Big One. If you place the side bet in addition to the ante bet and get a Royal Flush of any suit, you win the progressive jackpot. Poker Ride is another casino poker progressive from this software.
Network Linked vs. Local Progressives
Progressive jackpots can be either wide area progressive or local in-house progressive. The first type is also called network linked progressive jackpots because they are linked together with other games across a number of casinos and share a large ever increasing progressive jackpot pool. By playing games with wide area progressive jackpot a small portion of players’ bets goes into the jackpot pool and players can see it increasing in front of their eyes.
The second type of progressive jackpot is the local in-house progressive which is tied to one casino software or operator only. Its jackpot pool is not shared and players can hit it at a particular casino that offers such local progressive jackpot games.
Progressive Jackpot Games Compared
The following are the software providers that offer top notch progressive jackpot games available in Australian dollars:
- Microgaming. As an online casino software pioneer Microgaming is among the first to introduce progressive jackpot games and currently there are over 20 of them. The games have high quality and superb graphics and sounds. The biggest flagship game with a wide area progressive jackpot is Mega Moolah which paid out the one of the biggest slots jackpot payout of $8.6 million to a lucky player from Greece. Other progressives from Microgaming include the Dark Knight, King Cashalot, Cash Splash, Treasure Nile, Fruit Fiesta etc.
- NetEnt. Not only they are made using the latest technology, but NetEnt progressives tent to play out bigger amounts on regular basis. There have been some big winners recently on its three wide area progressive slots- Mega Fortune, Arabian Nights and Hall of Gods. The biggest win is an amazing €17.8 jackpot hit by a Finnish player and the payout is the largest ever in history. NetEnt also offers games with local jackpots such as Icy Wonders, Tiki Wonders, Geisha Wonders, Caribbean Stud and Caribbean Stud Pro Series.
- Playtech. Some of the progressive jackpot games from Playtech are Gold Rally, Beach Life, Gladiator, Megaball, Megajacks, Progressive Blackjack, Progressive Baccarat as well as a couple of Marvel Series progressives. Beach Life paid out stunning $8.2 million and it is still the largest progressive jackpot slot win for the software provider.
How to Win – Progressive Strategy and Tips
As a rule of a thumb, always bet the maximum number of coins if you play a progressive jackpot game. In fact most progressives require players to bet the maximum in order to be eligible to win the huge jackpot. Simply imagine the disappointment if you hit a progressive jackpot combination in a game, but you can’t get the big jackpot amount simply because you haven’t bet the max.
If you play progressive pokies, you should also play all pay-lines. This way you will increase your chances of winning the jackpot. Furthermore, progressive video poker or table games like Progressive Blackjack require players to place a side bet to get a shot at the progressive jackpot. Make sure you place this bet and also use appropriate blackjack strategy.
Progressive Jackpot Q&A
Can I play progressive jackpots on mobile?
Yes you can. Most online progressive jackpot games can be played on mobile devices like Android and iOS smart phones and tablets. You simply have to find a mobile casino compatible with your device and register an account. The jackpot pool of a mobile progressive is the same as that of the online counterpart so it is possible to hit it on the go. As a matter of fact, the largest mobile progressive jackpot was hit on Microgaming’s Mega Moolah Mobile and it is worth £3.7 million.
How do progressive jackpots work?
The pool of the progressive jackpots is made of small portions of players’ bets. By betting and playing a progressive game players contribute a small portion to the jackpot pool and they can see it going up by the second. This pool can go up to a couple of millions. Furthermore, progressive casino games use RNG software that determines the outcome of a gaming session and the result cannot be affected nor predicted. That’s why you cannot tell if and when you will hit the Big One.
What are the odds of winning a progressive jackpot?
The odds of winning progressive jackpots depend on the game they are attached to, but generally speaking, they are pretty low. Players have more chance hitting a local jackpot, for example, rather than a wide area progressive, but it doesn’t mean that it is impossible to hit a huge payout. Still, you will need a lot of luck if you going for jackpots over $3 million.
Is there a winning progressive jackpot strategy?
It depends on the game. If you play progressive blackjack, casino poker or video poker, which are casino games based on both luck and skill, it is advisable to use appropriate strategy in order to make the right moves and hopefully trigger the jackpot by getting the particular jackpot hand. Progressive pokies, on the other hand, are based entirely on luck and there is no certain winning strategy. Regardless of the type of progressive, make sure you bet the max or the side bet to have more winning chances and be eligible for the jackpot.
Can I play progressive jackpot games for free?
Yes you can. But free play won’t win you any real cash even if you hit the jackpot. Real money bet is required to be able to win the Big One. Play-for-fun mode is suitable if you want to try out the progressive game and see how it works.