Types of Casino Bonuses
You get a range of different bonuses for new players at online casinos accepting Australian players. The following are the best online casino bonuses that new Australian players can use at online casinos open to them:
- No Deposit Bonuses
- Match Bonuses
- No deposit free spins
- Free spins with deposit
No Deposit Bonus
The no deposit bonus is one of the most popular bonuses at online casinos. This is a free bonus that a casino offers new players. The bonus is available to new players once they register with the casino. The best part about this bonus, as the term suggests, is that it is available even before you deposit funds into your casino account.
Most often, a casino will offer a no deposit bonus in the form of free cash. You usually get a small amount, anywhere between AUD5 and AUD25, which you can use to play the games available. Some casinos limit this bonus to certain games, but mostly you are free to play the games of your choice.
Some casinos also offer this as a free play bonus for a specific period of time. In this case the amount is usually large – anywhere between AUD50 and AUD2500; some casinos offer even bigger amounts. Here the biggest condition is the time period; you have to use up the amount within the given time period. Any amount that is left over is forfeited once the time period expires. At certain casinos, you are given the ability to reset the clock back to the starting point. The only disadvantage of doing so is you lose any winnings earned till that point in time and have to start all over again.
Regardless of the type of no deposit bonus, there are always terms and conditions attached to it. You have to go through these terms carefully to be able to use the bonus and later, to retrieve any winnings from it. The terms and conditions usually include:
- Period of availability: A bonus has to be used within a certain time period once it is available to the player.
- Wagering requirements: You have to wager the deposit – or deposit and winnings – a certain number of times to be able to redeem some of the winnings.
- Maximum capped amount: You are not allowed to withdraw all your winnings; the casino puts a cap on how much you can withdraw.
- Minimum deposit amount: Many casinos require you to make a minimum deposit into your account once you have won using this bonus to be able to withdraw the capped amount.
- Eligible games: Some casinos limit the games covered under this bonus.
The following is a good example to highlight the no deposit bonus. Casino.com offers a no deposit bonus of AUD5 to Australian players.
This bonus comes with certain terms and conditions, of which we list the critical ones below:
- Use bonus code: FREEBONUS.
- Enter credit card details to qualify, you won't be charged.
- There is a wagering requirement of 70x on this bonus.
The match bonus is another popular bonus that online casinos offer their players. This bonus is available to players once they have opened an account with the casino and deposited funds into it. When you make a deposit the casino matches it with a deposit of its own, thereby giving you more money to play with. The good thing about a match bonus is you are allowed to redeem all your winnings from it once you have fulfilled the terms and conditions associated with it.
The match bonus can be of various types:
- Welcome bonus: This bonus is available only to new players. A typical example is a casino offering a 100% welcome bonus up to AUD200 on the first deposit. Sometimes a welcome bonus may be spread across multiple deposits, with the bonus percentage varying for the deposits.
- Reload bonus: The reload bonus is available to existing players. The casino gives it as an incentive to retain existing players by offering a percentage of the money they subsequently deposit after the initial deposit. This bonus is usually less than 100%; for instance, a casino could offer an Australian player a reload bonus of 50% up to AUD100.
- Deposit bonus: The deposit bonus is a special bonus that a casino offers existing players post their initial deposit. The casino could list this as a special bonus to encourage players to continue depositing and playing their favorite games.
Regardless of the type of match bonus, there are terms and conditions associated that you have to fulfill. Only then can you use the bonus effectively. The most critical and commonly seen condition is the wagering requirement; you have to wager the deposit amount – some casinos extend it to include the bonus amount as well – a specific number of times before you are able to withdraw your winnings.
The following is a good example to highlight the match welcome bonus. GDay Casino offers a triple welcome bonus to its players on a minimum deposit of AUD20:
- 100% unlimited match bonus on the first deposit: Deposit AUD600 and get AUD600 free.
- 25% match bonus up to AUD500 on the second deposit: Deposit AUD100 and get AUD25 free.
- 50% match bonus up to AUD500 on the third deposit: Deposit AUD200 and get AUD100 free.
This triple welcome bonus comes with terms and conditions, including the following:
- The minimum deposit is AUD20.
- The maximum amount you can wager on a single bet is AUD5.
- There is a 35x wagering requirement on the deposit and the bonus, which means if you deposit AUD600 and get an AUD600 free, you have to fulfill the wagering requirements of 1200 x 35 or AUD42000.
No Deposit Free Spins
The no deposit free spins bonus is another popular bonus available to Australian players at online casinos. As the name suggests, this bonus awards players a certain number of free spins once they sign up with a casino; and it is applicable only on slots games. The bonus is available even before the player deposits funds into his account.
The number of free spins on offer is usually low in this bonus, usually between 5 and 25 free spins. There are of course certain casinos that offer higher number of free spins but that is not the general trend. Most casinos offer this bonus only on specific games or on a specific group of games. Like with all other casino bonuses, no deposit free spins also come with their own set of terms and conditions. You have to fulfill these conditions to be able to use the bonus well and redeem some of the winnings from it.
The conditions associated with the no deposit free spins bonus include:
- Wagering requirements
- Game eligibility
- Minimum deposit amount
- Maximum capped amount
We take the example of GDay Casino again to understand the no deposit free spins better. When you register with GDay casino, you get a no deposit free spins bonus of 50 free spins.
The following are the terms associated with this bonus:
- The bonus is applicable only on the Guns n Roses game on the Pokies (Slots) page.
- The maximum capped amount available for withdrawal for winnings from this bonus is AUD50.
- Any play using bonus funds will not unlock bonus funds or bonus winnings. Until you make your first deposit all winnings will remain in your bonus account.
- Once you make your first deposit the bonus winnings will be subject to the standard 35x playthrough requirements.
Free Spins with Deposit
A number of casinos accepting Australian players offer a free spins with deposit bonus. In this bonus you become eligible for the free spins once you have registered with the casino and deposited funds into your account. This bonus usually has 2 components – a match bonus component and a free spins component. That is why this bonus is popular among players – the casino offers you a match bonus on the amount you deposit and also gives you free spins.
The match bonus element is usually a 100% match at least; in some casinos it is even higher. The free spins are also sizeable in number. In certain casinos this is offered as a multi-deposit bonus. This means that the total match bonus and the total number of free spins are spread across multiple deposits. Of course the free spins are limited to a particular game or a specific group of games.
The following example highlights the free spins with deposit bonus. Mr. Green Casino offers a fabulous welcome bonus package of up to AUD350 and 100 free spins on the Mr. Green Moonlight slot:
- First deposit: 100% up to AUD100.
- Second deposit: 50% up to AUD50.
- Third deposit: 25% up to AUD100.
- Fourth deposit: 125% up to AUD100.
- 100 free spins on minimum deposit of AUD20.
The following are some of the main terms associated with this free spins with deposit bonus:
- The free spins with deposit bonus is applicable only to the Mr. Green Moonlight slot.
- The minimum deposit to be eligible for the free spins segment of the bonus is AUD20, while that for the deposit bonus is AUD10.
- The free spins bonus is valid on desktop as well as mobile version of Mr. Green Moonlight.
- The wagering requirement for the free spins with deposit bonus is 35x and can be met by playing slots only.