If you want to know which are the top online casino software developers that cater to the Australian gaming market, you have come to the right place. If you love playing pokies and want a list of the best pokies accessible by Aussie players, read on.
Our team has carried out detailed research and put together a great list of online casino software providers that have a good market reputation, promote fair gaming practices and have a great online gaming portfolio that caters to players in Australia.
Best Australian Online Casino Software Providers
This page contains a list of top providers of online casino gaming software. Our team of experts has tested each online casino software provider and provided appropriate scores and grades to help players make the right choice. In addition, there are exhaustive reviews of each provider. We advise players to check out these reviews before actually signing up at any online casino.
Australian players can choose from a wide range of highly reputed, licensed, and well-regulated online casino software providers. However, while choosing an online casino on the basis of software provider, they must take into consideration a variety of factors, such as game portfolio. For example, some software providers specialize in slots while others develop a wider range of online casino games such as table & card games, video poker games, and instants.
Australian players should therefore take into consideration their game preference while selecting a casino software provider. If you like roulette and blackjack, there is no point in signing up at an online casino powered by a software program that features only slots.
The following are brief overviews of some of the top online casino software providers in Australia:
Established in 2006, Spigo is a Danish software provider who operates under licenses granted by the Danish Gaming Authority and the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). Its games and software platform are tested by the independent auditor iTech Labs. Although specializing in slots, Spigo also develops other online casino games such as bingo, backgammon, blackjack, card games, and dice games.
Established in 2006, Rival Gaming offers a portfolio of 160+ games, the most popular of which are its innovative interactive slots, also called iSlots.
Established in 1998, RTG is famous for its selection of 300+ slots, video poker games, table games, specialty games, and progressive games. The most unique feature of its portfolio is its selection of Real Series of Slots, which feature randomly activated, multi-level progressive jackpots.
Australian fans of live dealer games must sign up at an online casino that offers live dealer games from Evolution Gaming. Launched in 2005, Evolution Gaming streams live games from 8 sophisticated game studios.
A new provider that appeared in 2014, Booming Games currently offers 50+ HTML5 games that support not only desktop computers, but also mobile devices.
Australian players can also sign up at real money online casinos that offer games from vendors such as Endorphina, Mobislots, iSoftBet, Betsoft, Quickspin, PlaynGo, Asia Gaming (Live), Saucify, and Belatra, to mention just a few.
Different Ways to Play
Online casino software determines the way you can play at an online casino. Players can choose from three ways to play at top online casinos:
- Download The traditional way to start playing at an online casino is to download the casino gaming software and install it on one’s computer. When the online casino gaming industry was in its infancy, providers would supply software only in the download version.
- Instant When Flash technology was introduced, providers started developing software in two versions—download and instant play. Players, therefore, were given the choice of either downloading the software or loading the games directly on their browser. They just had to make sure that they had the latest Flash installed on their computers.
- HTML5 Technology Although in its infancy, HTML5 technology has revolutionized the online casino gaming industry. Thanks to HTML5, players no longer have to download any software to start playing. The games can be loaded on the browser of any device, including desktop, Mac computers, laptops, notebooks, tablets, phablets, and smartphones. To start playing, players just need to register an account and click/tap on a game icon to load it on their browsers. The software is capable of adapting to any screen size, browser, or operating device.
In addition, software providers offer different types of services:
- Online casino gaming software platform with only online casino games
- Gaming platform that includes online casinos, online poker, online bingo, online sports betting, live betting, and other gambling services
- Complete services that include website management and design, customer support, marketing, back-end processing, and others
How Software Providers Maintain Safety, Security, and Game Fairness
The steps taken by a software provider to maintain safety, security, and fairness go a long way in making its online casino partners safe and secure.
Fortunately, the top online casino software providers take all the required steps to make sure that their games are indeed fair before releasing them into the market. The software platform and games are thoroughly tested in house and by independent auditors such as Technical Systems Testing (TST), iTech Labs, Gaming Labs International (GLI), and NMI to make sure that they truly deliver fair and random results.
Moreover, highly reputed and reliable software providers are licensed by well-known gambling jurisdictions. They are associated with internationally acclaimed organizations such as eCOGRA. They use the latest digital encryption and firewall technology.
Online Casino Software – Origins and History
The world’s first online casino went live in 1994 and its launch coincided with the launch of Microgaming, one of the earliest developers of online casino games and online gaming software solutions.
Providers such as Real Time Gaming (RTG), NetEnt, and Playtech followed Microgaming soon after. Rapid developments in technology led to the mushrooming of new software providers such as BetSoft, NextGen, Playson, Rival, and others. The popularity of online casino gaming was also one of the factors responsible for the launch of new providers.
Software companies that were already in existence and supplying software to land-based companies soon noticed this development and started tweaking their existing software so that it could be used to power online casinos.
Today, casino software providers have used advanced technology to develop software platforms that enable the easy and smooth integration of online casino games from multiple vendors. This allows players to play multi-vendor games on one gaming platform.
While operators can offer rich portfolios of thousands of multi-vendor games on a single platform, players can all play their favourite games at one casino without having to create accounts at multiple casinos. Some of the games on offer include pokies, table & card games, instant games, specialty games, progressive jackpots and video poker games.
Top software providers come with the following common features:
- Portfolio of games with great graphics, animations, and audio effects
- Software certification from well-known and trustworthy auditors
- Licensing from reputed gambling jurisdictions
- Wide range of online casino games including slots, table & card games, video pokers, instants, and progressives
We cannot name any one provider as the best because there are several of them in the industry. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages and its own innovative features. The best is the one that best suits players’ tastes, preferences, and requirements.
The ones we recommend on this website are definitely safe, secure, and reliable. You can rest assured of a safe, secure, and fair gaming experience if you sign up at an online casino powered by one of the software providers we recommend.
Not necessarily. Online casinos are hardly download-only these days. You can load the games right on your browser without having to download any software. However, you can take the download option if you wish.
Although there is no direct relationship between withdrawal time and casino software, it is true that top online casinos always partner with the best software providers and also offer fast payouts. So an indirect connection does exist between the two.