Three Ways to Avoid Landing Up at a Bad Casino
There is always the risk of landing up at a bad online casino when you are searching for new online casinos. It is not necessary that you will be cheated at every casino that looks shady, but it is always better to be forewarned. How do you ensure you do not land up at one of the bad ones? Here are 3 great tips to avoiding landing up at a bad online casino.
- Do your research: Since an online casino is a place where you will be spending money remotely, it is only logical to do extensive research on the casinos you are looking to play at. The best places to look at are casino forums and review sites. Even when you check at a casino directly, check for the official badges of security, fair play, etc.
- Check out in terms of personal info: Check if the online casino or related site that you are at asks for personal info that a casino normally would not need from you. For instance, are you being asked for the PIN code for your debit card or credit card? That is someone you should definitely stay away from.
- Check out casino blacklists: There are numerous portals that carry official blacklists wherein casinos that are considered ‘rogue’ are listed. Check out these blacklists if you come across a casino that looks suspicious. You could, as a matter of principle, just check out the blacklists anyways so you automatically know the ones to stay away from. We have our own blacklist that you can refer to before you get started on your search.
Picking an Online Casinos for Australian Players from Us – Some Benefits
The best thing about choosing an online casino to play at from Australian Casino Club is the guarantee of a good experience. We are able to guarantee this because of the extensive review and rating process we have in place. When you select a casino from our recommended list you are guaranteed the best in terms of:
We test the software for different parameters, including robustness, reliability and also ease-of-use. Our testing process works not just for online casinos but also for their corresponding mobile offerings as well.
All online casinos supporting Australian players are known for the huge selection of games they offer. However, would all of them have the entire list of pokies, or the one pokie that you love playing? That would be highly unlikely. We list casinos on the basis of not only the game range but also game variety.
Everybody loves a welcome bonus, and each online casino supporting Australian players comes with a unique bonus structure. Our review process enables us to examine the specifics of these bonuses; that is how we are also able to list game-specific bonuses. We are also able to say the kind of player a particular bonus may be the best for.
We take a look at the different kinds of jackpots available at an online casino and the size that the progressive jackpot is likely to grow to. This gives Australian players an idea of what to expect and how much they could possibly win on each jackpot.
We check online casinos for the number of payment methods offered and their reliability quotient as well. Given that every online casino may not have the same methods, it makes sense to go with one that offers an extensive range of methods to choose from.
This is a critical component to online casino gambling from a player’s perspective. Our rating process allows us to test the efficiency and speed of customer support at the different online casinos.
Online Casinos vs. Land-Based Casinos
Online casinos have their own good sides and bad sides. We take a look at them and place them against the positive and negatives of traditional land-based casinos.
- You can play your favourite casino game from the comfort of your home.
- You are able to play for free and not just in real money mode. This allows you to test a particular game or hone your skills before you decide to spend money on a game.
- You get a fabulous welcome bonus that can be a big boost to your bankroll.
- You can play multiple games at a time; you get to play low limit games with superb payouts.
- It is all virtual; and you are completely dependent on the computer and the Internet connection.
- It is nowhere as glamorous as a land-based casino; whatever you see is just on the screen of your machine.
- The atmosphere is amazing and you can really celebrate when you win.
- You get loads of freebies when you play here.
- You can enjoy a drink on the house as a welcome gesture or as a token of appreciation.
- You have to travel to a casino to play.
- Instant access to a table is not guaranteed.
- You cannot play multiple games at the same time.
Australian Online Casino FAQs
What is the legal status for online casinos across Australia?
Online casinos are legal for Australian players. However, existing laws as per the Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 do not allow the operation of online casinos on Australian soil. This means you can play at any online casino from overseas accepting Australian players.
How much of Australian gambling legislation is relevant to the player? What if I do not know much and end up playing at an overseas online casino?
As far as you are concerned as an Australian player, all you need to know is that it is not illegal for you to play at an online casino. You cannot open an online casino on Australian soil though; that could invite legal action.
Is online gambling in Australia regulated?
Since Australian operators are not allowed to set up online casinos in Australia owing to the existing laws, there is no existing regulatory body when it comes to online casinos here. However, there is legislation in place – the Interactive Gambling Act of 2001 – to ensure no online casinos are set up in Australia. This law is for online casino operators, not online casino players.
Things are different for land-based casinos, however. They are legal and licensing is done at the state and territory levels. The ones belonging to overseas operators operate with a license from the different international licensing jurisdictions like Malta and Gibraltar.
What does the term ‘tax situation’ mean?
The term ‘tax situation’ refers to the taxation aspect of revenues earned through gambling. Australian rules do not require the gamblers’ winnings to be taxed, primarily for 3 reasons:
- Gambling is not an officially recognized profession in Australia.
- Gambling winnings are considered a result of luck, and hence cannot be classified as income, by the Australian government.
- The government’s policy has been to tax the operator, not the gambler.
Am I allowed to play in Australian Dollars?
Yes, all online casinos accepting Australian players accept players in Australian Dollars. You will usually find this nugget of info on the casino’s home page. However, do check with the casino’s customer support prior to depositing funds to avoid confusion.